A series of recipes I've made up while following the Intermittent Fasting / HFLC / Ketosis diet I found on the Ace of Spades HQ blog.
Sort Of Curried Ribeye:
I start this one about an hour before my 18 hour fasting period is over, so I can have a nice hot meal when ASAP.
- Half a ribeye steak, or other meat.
- 1 tsp turmeric, or whatever
- 1 tsp cumin, but don't go nuts. We're not making chili.
- 1 tbsp chili powder, or tons of it. It's cool.
- 1 tbsp ground ginger, or you know, whatever
- 2 or 3 whole dried chilis
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes or other hotness.
- What else goes in curry? Add some of that.
- black pepper
- coarse kosher salt
- 1 can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, or some other green thing.
- I guess some butter wouldn't hurt. It's already in the coffee. And because butter.
Step One: Start the sauce. In a saucepan, combine coconut milk, spices, dried peppers. Bring to simmer. Wait until step three to add any salt.
Step Two: MEAT. cover the ribeye liberally with salt and pepper. LIBERALLY. Sear in cast iron skillet (in bacon fat?) on med-high for 90-120 seconds both sides. Remove to cutting board. Cut into cubes. Add meat to sauce.
Step Three: Simmer for an hour, or whatever, until meat is super tender and sauce has reduced a little. Test sauce during this step and adjust spices to taste.
Step Four: Add frozen peas and wait for simmer to return. Serve and Enjoy.